Children and pets make great friends with special bonds because the kids take joy from playing with the pets but there are some safety rules for kids and pets that we have to apply to achieve this.
Pet can be a lot of fun if we are ready to take good care of them and children also develop social skills from the process.
Children tend to show compassion for pets but as a parent do not let your children do whatever they want with pets because they are still under learning.
In order to keep the children and the pet happy together, you have to follow the safety rule such as:
- Carefully select your pet
- Make sure you are with your children whenever they are playing with pets
- Teach your child how to behave when they are with the pets.
Before taking any pet into your home, it is very important to know some simple rules to guard against injury.
Safety Rules to Avoid Injury When Playing Around the Pet
There are some limitation that you must put in place for your child. children cannot do certain things with the family pets and they can do some under the supervision of the parent. To avoid injury the following has to be observed:
1. Adopt a healthy pet (ask your veterinarian before doing so)
2. Don’t allow your kid to disturb the pets when eating or drinking they should not play with the pet food.
3. Never allow the kid to carry the pet baby, pets are protective and can harm the kid.
4. Never bother to wake up a sleeping pet or allow the kid to shout at the dog.
5. Don’t allow your kids to play with stray pets because you may not know whether they are alright or not.
6. Don’t allow your pet to lick your baby’s face or body wound.
7. Don’t leave your kid alone with the pet.
8. Never allow the pets to sleep with your children.
9. whenever you want to take care of the pet let your kid be involved.
10. The kids must not be involved whenever pets are fighting.
11. Do not stare at the pet because they may be dangerous
12. Speak gently to the pet whenever you are playing with them.