A new dog breed that is welcome into a home comes with joyous news because the new dogs serve as man’s best companions, cuddly and cute. Some dogs are a better choice of dog breeds for first-timer than others for first-time pet owners.
There is no assurance that your first dog will be everything you dreamed he would be. Dogs are different from each other.
Becoming a first-time dog owner is exciting, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. There are so many different dog breeds, and it’s hard to know how to choose the right one.
- 1 10 Great Dog Breeds for First-Time Owners
- 2 1. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Dog Breeds
- 3 2. The Papillon Dog Breeds
- 4 3. The Poodle Dog Breeds
- 5 4. Shih Tzu Dog Breeds
- 6 5. Labrador Retriever Dog Breeds
- 7 6. Boxer Dog Breeds
- 8 7. Terrier Dog Breeds
- 9 8. Bichon Frise Dog Breeds
- 10 9. Puggle Dog Breeds
- 11 10. Cockapoo Dog Breeds
10 Great Dog Breeds for First-Time Owners
1. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Dog Breeds
- The Cavalier is a very trainable dog that also has affection for strangers.
- They need regular grooming and an average amount of exercise; they are overall a low-maintenance breed.
- This breed is known for being adaptable and good to all people starting from young children to the adult.
- This toy breed loves being with their humans, whether that’s sitting on their owner’s lap or going for a long stroll.
2. The Papillon Dog Breeds
- The papillon means “butterfly” in the French language because of their ears.
- They have high intelligence and are full of energy, making them one of the best first-time dog owner breeds.
- Papillon is a small, friendly dog with a fine-boned structure.
- Papillons are happy and alert little dogs that are not aggressive where ever they find themselves.
- They love to play outdoors, but they can also stay indoors and enjoy themselves as well.
3. The Poodle Dog Breeds
- The poodle is energetic and smart, making them excellent pets for people who are new to the world of dogs The Poodle is an exceptionally smart breed that excels in all kinds of dog sport activities.
- The breed comes in three size varieties, which may contribute to why Poodle is one of the most popular breeds.
- The Poodle can accommodate nearly any size of living quarters.
- They are regarded as hypoallergenic.
4. Shih Tzu Dog Breeds
- The Shih Tzu is cuddlier which is one of the best Dog Breeds, which is among the top dog breeds for first-time owners.
- Their coats require regular maintenance.
- They make a great companion and house pets, with a lively and friendly attitude.
- They require minimal exercise.
5. Labrador Retriever Dog Breeds
- This breed is exceptional as a service and therapy dog.
- They are good Dog Breeds for first-time owners who are active.
- This intensely loyal and affectionate breed is great with kids, is extremely trainable, and is friendly with strangers.
- The Labrador Retriever is good in household activities such as running and cuddling.
6. Boxer Dog Breeds
- This is a medium, high-energy dog that is also playful.
- This loyal dog forms a close bond with family. If you lead a reasonably active lifestyle, a boxer could be right for you.
- This breed needs plenty of exercises and a strong foundation of training.
- Though young boxers can be a little hyperactive, they are trainable and enjoy attention during training.
- Once trained and socialized, boxers can thrive in indoor activity and often get along well with kids.
7. Terrier Dog Breeds
- The Terrier is a medium-sized Dog Breeds, happy, steady, self-confident, and alert to his surroundings.
- Terrier tends to be less scrappy, enjoying plenty of exercises every day.
- They relate well to children and can adapt to any habitat condition.
- The Terrier needs regular grooming to keep its coat mat-free.
8. Bichon Frise Dog Breeds
- The bichon frise is a happy-go-lucky little dog, great for families with children or apartment living.
- This breed is a great all-around companion.
- Bichons are relatively easy to train, adapt well to any lifestyle, and only need moderate daily exercise to be happy and healthy.
- Bred to be a companion dog, the bichon frise is affectionate and loves to perform tricks for their humans.
9. Puggle Dog Breeds
- The puggle, a pug and beagle mix, is a good first-time Dog Breeds due to their sense of humor and desire to please their owners.
- They are great dogs for beginners.
- They’re happy when they are with their humans and love to be the center of attention, which is easy to do with their adorable face and personality
10. Cockapoo Dog Breeds
- Cockapoo is another Dog Breeds that makes the best first-time dog owners’ breeds list is a crossbreed between a cocker spaniel and poodle.
- It is an affectionate, easy-going low-to-no-shedder.
- Their coats require regular brushing.
- Overweight German Shepherd: How To Identify Them And Reduce The Weight
- 13 Top Best Puppy Food And Their Nutrient Components
- Puppy Developmental Stages
- How to train your puppy
- Portuguese Water Dog: Characteristics, Behaviour And Health
- Newfoundland Dogs: Characteristics, Behaviour And Health
If you like, please share it. Sharing is usually caring.